- Understand the main water-related challenges in Brazil and possible ways to address them
- Find examples of good practices adopted by Brazilian companies to address water issues
- Learn about resources that can help companies manage water challenges
In 2030, will there be water for all Brazilians?
- Brazil has 12% of the total volume of fresh water from all over the world.
- Continental dimensions and diversity;
- Disproportionate distribution per region;
- Unsuitable water resources management;
- The lack of citizens’ environmental education;
- Water losses in water supply;
- Poor supply infrastructure;
- Lack of wastewater treatment;
- Droughts and floods.
Business Benefits of Stewardship:
|Water efficiency||•Save money
•Build resilience to water stress
|Reduce pollution||•Protect license to operate
•Comply with regulations and prevent fines
|Encourage others to improve water performance||•Reduce water stress facing your operations and your suppliers’ operations
•Strengthen reputation and credibility
|Support public water governance||•Foster a dependable supply of water
•Build reputation and credibility