The USGS FEWS NET Data Portal provides access to geo-spatial data, satellite image products, and derived data products in support of FEWS NET drought monitoring efforts throughout the world. This portal is provided by the USGS FEWS NET Project, part of the Early Warning Focus Area at the USGS Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center.
The GeoCLIM program is part of a set of agroclimatic analysis products developed by the FEWS NET/United States Geological Survey (USGS). The GeoCLIM is a spatial analysis tool designed for climatological analysis of historical rainfall and temperature data. The GeoCLIM provides non-scientists with an array of accessible analysis tools for climate-smart agricultural development. These user-friendly tools can be used to:
- Blend station information with satellite data to create improved datasets,
- Analyze seasonal trends and/or historical climate data,
- Analyze drought for a selected region by calculating the standardized precipitation index (SPI),
- Create visual representations of climate data, create scripts (batch files) to quickly and efficiently analyze large quantities of climate data,
- View and/or edit shapefiles and raster files, and extract statistics from raster datasets to create time series. (video- GeoCLIM overview)