- Understand why water resilience is critical to business performance and sustainability.
- Learn how to set, meet and stay accountable for ambitious water targets.
- Learn about best practice examples of strategies that companies have adopted to increase water sustainability and resilience.
- Learn how to join the CEO Water Mandate and Water Resilience Coalition.
According to UN-Water, the impacts of climate change are felt first and foremost through water. Increasing global temperatures cause drought, flooding and other extreme weather events ? all of which pose a direct threat to businesses and the communities they operate in.
Today 3.6 billion people worldwide live in water-stressed areas and without further action based on projected demand, the world will face a 40 per cent shortfall in freshwater supply within 10 years.
Companies around the world are increasingly recognizing the value of water and the serious financial impact that water scarcity poses to their businesses. A 2020 report from the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) estimates that some $301 billion of business value is at risk due to water scarcity, pollution and climate change.
The Water Resilience Coalition (WRC), whose corporate members boast a $2.8 trillion total market capitalization, is an initiative of the UN Global Compact CEO Water Mandate. The CEO Water Mandate provides a framework for companies to take action on water and provides peer-learning opportunities for all. The CEOs involved in the WRC focus on finding climate-smart water solutions that address water stress. The Coalition aims to positively impact water in 100 basins worldwide and to secure sustainable access to drinking water and sanitation for 100 million people by 2030.
During this session, you will learn:
- Why water resilience is critical to business performance and sustainability
- How to set, meet and stay accountable for ambitious water targets
- Best practice examples of strategies that companies have adopted to increase water sustainability and resilience.
- How to join the CEO Water Mandate and Water Resilience Coalition (WRC)
Read more here.
The Value of Water for Business (English)
The Value of Water for Business (Portuguese)
The Value of Water for Business (Spanish)