- Learn how companies in the Textile, Retail, and Apparel industry can best integrate the SDGs.
In 2015, the global community of businesses, governments, and civil society organizations agreed to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), an unprecedented set of targets for people, planet, prosperity, and peace. The SDGs offer a framework to drive business value while impacting a transformative set of sustainability, economic, and social targets.
Textile Exchange joined forces with KPMG LLP, a leading global advisory firm, to develop Threading the Needle: Weaving SDGs in the Textile, Retail, and Apparel industry. This report is a culmination of industry interviews, non-government organization inputs, and desk research, the report highlights practical examples for companies in the sector and beyond, grappling with how to integrate the SDGs into their core business and global supply chain. The report features:
- Representative examples of SDG aligned shared value opportunities specific to the textile, retail, and apparel industry
- A cluster approach to SDG integration that maps potential programs to defined business needs
- Resources for starting and enhancing a company’s SDG journey, including guidance on multi-stakeholder partnerships and country-specific considerations
- A framework for making the business case for SDG integration