Tuesday, August 18, 2020 | Pacific Daylight, 8:00-9:00 AM
The CEO Water Mandate is a UN Global Compact (UNGC) water stewardship commitment platform implemented in partnership with the Pacific Institute. Through endorsing the Mandate, companies of all industry sectors, sizes, and locations make a public commitment across six dimensions of water stewardship and report annually on progress.
To effectively mitigate water risk and improve water security, setting site water targets is a business imperative. Companies must understand the factors affecting water resources in the regions in which they operate as they take steps to address risks. Developing site water targets that account for local context drives informed actions at the local level and helps companies make meaningful change.
The webinar will showcase lessons learned piloting the site water targets guide in the Noyyal-Bhavani River Basin, India, and Upper Vaal River Basin and Berg and Breede River Basins, South Africa. Companies will discuss their experience setting site water targets collectively, how site water targets fit into their water stewardship strategy, and how this work drives action in the long-term.
- Jason Morrison (President of Pacific Institute, Head, CEO Water Mandate)
- Tien Shiao (Senior Researcher, Pacific Institute, Senior Advisor, CEO Water Mandate)
- Sonali Abraham (Research Associate, Pacific Institute)
- Hannah Baleta (Senior Researcher, Pacific Institute, Senior Advisor, CEO Water Mandate)
- Megan Farrell (PVH Corp.)
- Byron Thayer (Levi Strauss & Co.)
- Rivash Panday (Sasol Limited)
- Feroz Koor (Woolworths Holdings Limited)