The CEO Water Mandate is a commitment platform for business leaders and learners to advance water stewardship.
Endorsing companies commit to action, join the community of practitioners, and report annually on progress.
The CEO Water Mandate is building an international movement of committed companies, both leaders and learners. In this spirit, the initiative welcomes companies of all sizes and from all sectors, from all parts of the world, and at all stages of the water stewardship journey.
Endorsing the Mandate is easy. A company wishing to join the initiative first indicates in writing their endorsement of the CEO Water Mandate and its six elements:
- Direct Operations,
- Supply Chain and Watershed Management,
- Collective Action,
- Public Policy,
- Community Engagement,
The only requirements of Mandate endorsers are:
- Become UN Global Compact signatories. Companies that endorse the Mandate but are not currently UN Global Compact signatories have a one year grace period. After one year , they will be removed from the list of Mandate endorsing companies.
- Commit to the Mandate’s six core elements. To submit a letter of endorsement, send us an email from any appropriate company contact indicating support from the C-Suite (or equivalent), to: email@example.com.
- Report annually on progress. Companies have a great deal of flexibility in the approach taken in their annual reports. Companies are encouraged to report this water-specific information in their annual Communication on Progress (CoP) to the UN Global Compact.
- Attend events and webinars
- Join the Action Platform
- Demonstrate your commitment to employers, customers, investors, and others