Marriott has ambitious 2025 sustainability and social impact goals for its more than 6,500 global properties and Ecolab’s technologies directly impact three key goals:
- Reducing water intensity by 15 percent
- Reducing carbon intensity by 30 percent
- Reducing waste to landfill by 45 percent
At the same time, Marriott needs to ensure that the experience it delivers to its guests meets or exceeds expectations. The challenge is to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness for dishes, linens and water, while driving operational efficiency and sustainability.
From the guest room to the kitchen, the laundries to the cooling towers, Ecolab’s solutions deliver a positive environmental impact without sacrificing the quality that guests expect from a Marriott property.
- AquanomicTM Low-Temp Laundry Program, which produces consistently superior results and extends linen life, reduces rewash, saves water and energy, and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- 3D TRASARTM Technology for Cooling Water delivers on-demand control and optimization of cooling systems, helping customers protect their assets while delivering water and energy savings. The innovative technology detects the upsets that precede scaling, corrosion, and biofouling using real-time data and determines the correct response, to deliver optimal performance and savings.
These and other solutions have helped Marriott International maintain the highest guest standards and achieve significant savings in water, energy, CO2 emissions and solid waste that help contribute to Marriott’s 2025 sustainability goals.