Appendix C: Illustrative Examples of Site Water Governance Targets
This appendix provides illustrative examples of site targets on water governance.
The User’s Guide on Assessing Water Governance of the United Nations Development Programme, the Water Governance Initiative of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the UN Water Status Report on Integrated Water Resource Management and Water Efficiency Plans, and the World Resources Institute and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management Sustainability Initiative all provide useful frameworks and indicators to assess water governance.123
A water governance goal is likely binary (achieved/not achieved) with the associated action and implementation plan serving as a measurement towards progress.456
Continue on with the Guide
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OE CD), OECD Water Governance Indicators and Framework. https://www.oecd.org/cfe/regional-policy/Inventory_Indicators.pdf
- Integrated Water Resources Management, http://iwrmdataportal.unepdhi.org/iwrmmonitoring.html.
- World Resources Institute and MIT Sloan School of Management Sustainability Initiative, Mapping Public Water Management by Harmonizing and Sharing Corporate Water Risk Information, March 2018. https://www.wri.org/our-work/project/watermanagement
- Integrated Water Resources Management. http://iwrmdataportal.unepdhi.org/iwrmmonitoring.html
- Eduardo Araral and David Yu. Asia Water Governance Index, Institute of Water Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, Singapore. https://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/iwp/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2013/04/AWGIbrochure-IWP-LKYSPP9-10.pdf.
- OECD, Implementing the OECD Principles on Water Governance: Indicator Framework and Evolving Practices, March 2018.