Corporate water stewardship is both good business and critical for the well-being of communities, ecosystems, and watersheds.
Stewardship helps companies identify and manage water-related business risks and allows them to contribute to and help enable more sustainable management of shared freshwater resources. Stewardship also reduces operational costs; protects the company from ensuing water stress; and improves the company’s image in the eyes of consumers, investors, and nearby communities.
Benefits of effective corporate water stewardship:
- Ensure social and legal license to operate in a specific location
- Prevent or react to operational crises resulting from inadequate water availability or management
- Gain competitive advantage
- Assure investors and markets that business operations will continue to be profitable
- Uphold corporate values and ethics
This section of the site is designed to help companies and their stakeholders learn more about the business case for corporate water stewardship. Click the links below to better understand global water challenges and how those challenges create risks for businesses.