- Sets out clear actions that CEOs can take to begin to align their organizations with the SDGs
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) has launched the CEO Guide to the SDGs – a new resource aimed at galvanizing engagement from global business leaders in relation to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The CEO Guide to the SDGs sets out clear actions that CEOs can take to begin to align their organizations with the SDGs and plot a course towards unlocking the value they represent.
The Business & Sustainable Development Commission’s flagship Better Business, Better World report, issued earlier this year, points to flaws in our current economic model which stand to significantly undermine the long-term stability and growth
the world needs.
The SDGs are positioned as a compelling new framework to reverse this trend.
The goals have the potential to unleash innovation, economic growth, and development at an unprecedented scale and could be worth at least $12 trillion a year in market opportunities and generate up to 380 million new jobs by 2030.
Through this CEO Guide, WBCSD amplifies the key messages of the Commission’s report and to help you turn them into action in your company. It highlight the key role that business plays with regard to the realization of the SDGs, outline how your organization can engage and recommend key steps for you to take to begin aligning with this critical societal agenda.
At this time of political and economic uncertainty, strong and visionary CEO leadership is essential to achieving the transformation needed to usher in the inclusive and sustainable economic growth that the SDGs represent.
6 Similar Resources Found:
- Scaling Corporate Action on WASH in Supply Chains - White Paper (2016)
- Private sector and water supply, sanitation and hygiene (2015)
- Pathways to Achieving Sustainable Development Goals Related to Water and Sanitation: An Experience from India (2015)
- Serving the Public Interest: Corporate Water Stewardship and Sustainable Development (2015)
- SDG Compass (2015)
- Post-2015 Agenda and Related Sustainable Development Goals Issue Focus: Water & Sanitation and the Role of Business (2014)
Developed by: World Business Council for Sustainable Development