- Learn about and implement effective water stewardship actions specific to agriculture
SAI Platform, the global initiative helping food and drink companies to achieve sustainable agriculture practices, has created a new Water Stewardship report for food and drink companies and their agricultural supply chains. The report has been developed by SAI Platform’s Water and Agriculture Working Group to help companies ensure sustainable water management is included in their supply chain and supplying farms.
Companies are facing increased sourcing challenges due to scarce natural resources. The risks to water, from both scarcity and pollution, represent some of the most critical threats to agricultural production. It is therefore urgent for companies to find ways to reverse this trend, and secure their supply of raw material alongside a sustainable water environment and sustainable agriculture for all. This cannot be done with technical solutions alone, in a way that is totally isolated from communities. To be successful, companies need to develop solutions with proper stakeholder involvement and management.
This report explains why and how to address the ever increasing water challenge. It identifies the key issues to consider and provides guidance on how to address them, with a thorough approach that includes working with stakeholders that are key to the project success. This is the latest report from SAI Platform which has been an influential force in embedding sustainable agriculture in the food and drink industry globally to preserve food and drink businesses for the future.
18 Similar Resources Found:
- ICMM's Practical Guide to Consistent Water Reporting (2017)
- ICMM Position Statement on Water Stewardship (2017)
- Hotel Water Measurement Initiative (2016)
- Hotel Water Measurement Initiative Methodology & Tool (2016)
- Water Stewardship in the Beverage Industry (2016)
- The Water Network (2015)
- Performance in Watershed Context (2015)
- A Practical Guide to Catchment-Based Water Management for the Mining and Metals Industry (2015)
- Water Stewardship Framework (2014)
- Efficiency in Water Use. Guidance Document for the Upstream Onshore Oil and Gas Industry. (2014)
- Identifying and Assessing Water Sources (2014)
- The IPIECA Water Management Framework for Onshore Oil and Gas Activities (2013)
- Review of Water Risk Tools. Guidance Document for the Oil and Gas Industry. (2013)
- 10 Best Practices for Textile Mills to Save Money and Reduce Pollution (2013)
- A Practical Perspective on Managing Water-Related Business Risk and Opportunities in the Beverage Sector (2012)
- Water Management in Mining: A Selection of Case Studies (2012)
- A Practical Perspective on Water Accounting in the Beverage Industry (2011)
- Southeast Asia Apparel Water Action - Summary Report (2011)
Developed by: SAI Platform