- Assess the current status of access to safe WASH at the workplace in a given facility
- Support decision-making regarding investments and priority actions
There is a compelling and clear economic case for businesses to demonstrate leadership by assessing and implementing safe WASH services in the workplace. Investing in safe WASH for employees leads to:
- Healthier and more productive workforce
- Increased brand value
- Lower reputational risks and more secured social license to operate
- Expanded and more vibrant markets
- Demonstration of leadership in supporting global objectives
WBCSD has developed a pledge, as well as corresponding guiding principles, that commit corporate signees to implementing access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene at the workplace at an appropriate level of standard for all employees in all premises under direct control within three years.
The Self-Assessment Tool complements these resources and represents a method of assessing the current status of access to safe WASH at the workplace in a given facility of the company, in order to identify potential gaps to Pledge compliance. This free, Excel-based tool can therefore be utilized to help identify areas for improvement, and to support decision-making regarding investments and priority actions. The tool is meant for use within an individual company’s facility. It is structured across the following categories: General; Workplace Water Supply; Workplace Sanitation; and Workplace Hygiene.
3 Similar Resources Found:
- Scaling Corporate Action on WASH in Supply Chains - White Paper (2016)
- Private sector and water supply, sanitation and hygiene (2015)
- Exploring the Business Case for Corporate Action on Sanitation (2014)
Developed by: World Business Council for Sustainable Development