- Examine the progress of IWRM implementation within the individual countries and track the global progress towards better management of water resources
Enhanced capacity of countries and regions to utilize integrated approaches and principles of IWRM in management of their water resources is a particularly relevant work area of UNEP-DHI. The centre has completed a number of activities in capacity building for IWRM, development of national IWRM policies and plans, as well as publication on global status reports on the progress towards implementation of IWRM approaches globally.
UNEP-DHI’s work in the domain of IWRM to date has shown that there is a growing need for systematic data collection on IWRM, which is instrumental in establishing a baseline, monitoring improvements and ensuring informed decision making for better management of water within countries and basins. In addition to the national relevance of such data, the proposed Sustainable Development Goal on Water has drawn attention to the increasing need for global data on water governance and management, and particularly on the progress in adopting IWRM practices in countries.
This data portal offers a comprehensive collection of national IWRM implementation progress data drawn from two global country IWRM progress surveys. The data made available through this portal allows to both, examine the progress of IWRM implementation within the individual countries, and to track the global progress towards better management of our water resources.
16 Similar Resources Found:
- Exploring the Case for Corporate Context-Based Water Targets (2017)
- South African Mine Water Atlas (2017)
- Hotel Water Measurement Initiative (2016)
- Water Scarcity Solutions (2015)
- Water Stewardship in Colombia: How Cooperation Improves Water Governance of the Paramo de Santurban (2015)
- Water Risk Monetizer (2014)
- Driving Harmonization of Water-Related Terminology (2014)
- Understanding "Sufficiency" in Water-Related Collective Action (2014)
- Aqueduct (2013)
- Water as a Casualty of Conflict: Threats to Business and Society in High-Risk Areas (2013)
- Local Water Tool (2012)
- Water Footprint Assessment (2012)
- Water Risk Filter (2012)
- Corporate Water Accounting - An Analysis of Methods and Tools for Measuring Water Use and its Impacts (2010)
- Climate Change and the Global Water Crisis: What Businesses Need to Know and Do (2009)
- Global Water Tool (2007)
Developed by: UNEP-DHI Partnership