- Planning a responsible water management for mining & metals operations
This practical guide for the mining and metals industry sets out a collaborative catchment-based approach to water management that considers the needs, concerns and priorities of other water users and promotes inclusive and ongoing engagement with all stakeholders.
The document is structured as an interactive and informative prompt to guide companies in the development of their water strategies and plans in accordance with the local context and hydrology in which mining and metals operations take place.
Developed through rigorous and extensive consultation across the mining and metals industry, with other sectors and world-recognized water management experts, the guidance provides an effective approach to water stewardship for mining and metals operations. It also serves as an important reference for stakeholders in civil society, the financial industry, policymakers and others to facilitate and encourage collaborative action on the management of water resources for all water users.
18 Similar Resources Found:
- ICMM's Practical Guide to Consistent Water Reporting (2017)
- ICMM Position Statement on Water Stewardship (2017)
- Hotel Water Measurement Initiative (2016)
- Hotel Water Measurement Initiative Methodology & Tool (2016)
- Water Stewardship in the Beverage Industry (2016)
- The Water Network (2015)
- Performance in Watershed Context (2015)
- Water Stewardship Framework (2014)
- Efficiency in Water Use. Guidance Document for the Upstream Onshore Oil and Gas Industry. (2014)
- Identifying and Assessing Water Sources (2014)
- The IPIECA Water Management Framework for Onshore Oil and Gas Activities (2013)
- Water Stewardship in Sustainable Agriculture (2013)
- Review of Water Risk Tools. Guidance Document for the Oil and Gas Industry. (2013)
- 10 Best Practices for Textile Mills to Save Money and Reduce Pollution (2013)
- A Practical Perspective on Managing Water-Related Business Risk and Opportunities in the Beverage Sector (2012)
- Water Management in Mining: A Selection of Case Studies (2012)
- A Practical Perspective on Water Accounting in the Beverage Industry (2011)
- Southeast Asia Apparel Water Action - Summary Report (2011)
Developed by: International Council on Mining & Metals (ICMM)